Friday, August 21, 2009
N gosta d-vida!
family, friends...its been about a month now and i am still loving every minute of this experience! right now i have 4 weeks of pre service training left before i head to my respective site for the next 2 years. where that site is, i do not know...but will find out this next wednesday, whoop! pre service training has me living with a host family near the town of Assomada. there are about 30 other trainees here as well. i have language classes about 4 hours a day, mon-fri as well as cultural development, business, etc. i get to do various activities on the weekend like go to the beach, (which is gorgeous!), hiking at the national park, enjoying a festa or just hanging out with my host family. right now i am learning kriolu, which is a mixture of portuguese and inland african dialects. after i have fully learned this language i will be learning how to speak portuguese. once my pre service training is complete, i look forward to being able to communicate on a more personal basis. hope this finds everyone well! ti logu!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's about time you updated your blog! I'm really glad to hear you are doing well. That is really exciting to hear you are learning all those languages. Be sure to take lots of pictures. And I haven't been on facebook in awhile, but I excpect to see them all posted on your profile by the next time I log on.
ReplyDeleteBrief update on me, I left Washington and am in Texas for just a week...one of my buddies is getting married. And then it's off to Georgia. The Army has me working hard, but I'm having fun with it and meeting lots of cool people.
Love you Sara, and look forward to your future blogs. Make sure to keep us all updated (more often ;-D) on all your adventurous excursions!
-Christi